Lead Scotland is looking to work with five disabled adult learners to co-produce a new guide to accessing community based adult learning opportunities. Participants must self identify as disabled and be currently or have been previously involved in a community based adult learning opportunity. Lead Scotland will then work together to gather your ideas and experiences about what disabled people need to know to successfully access community based adult learning opportunities. They will then generate and develop these ideas for our new guide. Participants will receive training on disability equality and will also have the opportunity to hear from adult learning professionals during focus group sessions.
· Passionate about helping more disabled people access community based adult learning opportunities and improving equality and inclusion in community based adult learning opportunities
· Ability to work in a team
· Can listen to and respect other people’s ideas
· Comfortable contributing ideas
· Comfortable talking in a small group
Participants should be available on the following dates:
· Induction and Disability Equality Training: Tuesday 1st February PM
· Focus Group 1 and generating ideas: Tuesday 8th February PM
· Focus Group 2 and developing ideas: Tuesday 15th February PM
· Draft editing feedback: Tuesday 8th March PM
Application closing date is 5pm on Monday 17th January.