Strategic Objective: VANL will work with the community and voluntary sector to clarify, communicate and help them to fulfil their resource requirements so they are better able to respond to local needs more effectively. Specifically, VANL will:
- support North Lanarkshire community and voluntary sector organisations to diversify their income sources, including grant funding from sources outside North Lanarkshire; public fundraising; corporate sponsorship; and trading
- promote citizens’ involvement in their community through volunteering
- promote employer-supported volunteering
- work with North Lanarkshire community and voluntary sector and statutory sector to develop improved support for the community and voluntary sector paid and volunteer workforce
- ·work with North Lanarkshire Council, other statutory partners and the community and voluntary sector to review local grant funding, procurement and access to community resources to identify and progress improvements.