Hello and welcome to Voluntary Action North Lanarkshire’s (VANL) new website. It has been designed to support the North Lanarkshire Community and Voluntary Sector (CVS) – as well as volunteering and collaboration between the CVS and public sector – as we work together for a better North Lanarkshire.
Linked Local Initiatives Supported by VANL
You can also access our complementary websites for the following initiatives:
- Our North Lanarkshire Community Lottery – which is helping to raise vital funds for our local CVS
- The exciting Community Solutions Programme – which is investing over £3.5 million a year in our CVS to improve health and social care support for local people
- The Action on Climate Together North Lanarkshire initiative– which supports collaboration and community action on climate and green wellbeing issues
Key External Resources
VANL promotes and uses a range of useful external resources including:
- A Local Information System for Scotland – ALISS – where every CVS organisation in North Lanarkshire can upload vital information about their services.
- Appreciative Inquiry - which is a positive and creative approach to supporting change and improvements within organisations , communities, partnerships and more widely. You can find out about Appreciative Inquiry and useful resources here. Appreciative Inquiry approaches were also used to develop our forthcoming North Lanarkshire CommUnity Agreement.
- Charity Excellence self-assessment tool – a great resource to help CVS organisations assess their performance and identify improvement.
- Co-production is a way of making decisions that combines everyone’s strengths so that we can work together to achieve positive change." VANL actively supports, applies and promotes co-production approaches in North Lanarkshire through our work with the CVS and public sector partners. The Community Solutions Programme is a great example of the successful application of co-production
- Growing Climate Confidence - is an online tool to support community and voluntary organisations take action to reduce their carbon emissions within their organisation. VANL promotes this resource as part of our support to the community and voluntary sector on climate and green wellbeing issues.
- Lasting Difference - resources to capacity building and sustainability for CVS organisations
- Third Sector Human Rights and Equalities (THRE) initiative - THRE provides training, information and other resources to support community and voluntary sector organisations to take a human rights and equalities first approach.
VANL is also a member of the Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations (SCVO) which provides useful information, training and more for our sector.